Sunday, February 22, 2009

Indian Borage (Plectranthus ambroinicus) - Amazing Cough Remedy




This plant was first brought to our attention by a friend, as being great for persistent cough. Almost instant relief if you're suffering from cough and throat irritation. Just pluck a few leaves and chew them. The best part is that it's so easy to grow from a cutting.

Check out this excellent article if you want to know more: Indian Borage - a must-have in a herb garden. I learnt quite a bit from the article, like what the Indian Borage is used for, (other than for coughs). More importantly, I found out why the leaves of my plant are starting to curl and yellow (seems it's getting too much sun!). The article also gives useful tips on how to propagate the plant.

I've also collated information I found from sites and books in this article: Indian Borage


Useful references:

No comments:

Post a Comment