Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Eating Out: Wonton Mee Recommendation

Foong Kee Coffee Shop
6 Keong Saik Road

Foong Kee is one of those places that I would unequivocally recommend for wonton noodles.

When I visited the stall, what I particularly liked about their noodles was that it was not sweet. For those who don’t know, they tend to put in sweet sauce into dry-tossed noodles here in Singapore. (Hmmm… come to think of it, maybe that’s why I’ve avoided wanton mee cooked outside for many years. I still have northern Malaysian food sensibilities which dictates that dry-tossed noodles must be salty).

And, even though I’m not the greatest fan of roasted pork or char siew, the stall’s specialities, I enjoyed eating the meats they served there. The skin of the roasted pork was really crispy. And the char siew was quite juicy (my friend bought some for me to take back for my mum to try, and she gave it the seal of approval - so it MUST be good). I have to say though that the meat I enjoyed the most was the roast duck, but only because I LOVE roast duck in the first place.

The friend who brought me there said that one of the secrets to their great-tasting roasted meat is that they are always fresh from the oven. And tasting the meats, I can believe that.

Check out this food review blog, which has all the details, and pictures as well: http://ieatishootipost.sg/2007/03/foong-kee-wanton-mee-wanton-mee.html


This post is adapted from an earlier post of mine here.

No comments:

Post a Comment