Tuesday, February 10, 2009

FREE EVENT: Walking Heritage Trails at National Library, 21 February 2009, From 10 am


International Tourist Guide Day Celebrates with Free Walking Heritage Trails
February 21, 2009 (Sat)
10 am - 5 pm
at The Plaza in National Library Building


As part of this year’s, International Tourist Guide Day, the Society of Tourist Guides will conduct three heritage walk tours free:

1. Roman Catholicism in Singapore
2. Fame, Faith and Fortune in Waterloo Street
3. Hainan Kopi Tales

The trails will start at 10.30am and will last for about 45 minutes.
Each trail will be conducted at every 15 minutes interval.

Registration open on 21 February 2009 from 10.00 am to 3.30 pm at the level 1, Plaza, National Library.

1 comment:

  1. I thought I wouldn't be able to go for this, but at the last minute, plans got cancelled, and so I headed off to the National Library to see if I'm able to sign up for any of the tours.

    And... I was able to go for all three tours. The registration process was very smooth and well-organised (though I wish they would have allowed pre-registration, that would have encouraged more people to go, I think). Well worth going, as these types of tours help you notice things you never really "saw" before.

    One of the guides indicated that the Society of Tourist Guides may do more of these tours, if they prove to be popular. I do hope they do since I've always loved walking tours. Though next time, I wish they would slow down the walking pace a little - the guides sure strode along at a bruising pace. I was EXHAUSTED at the end of the day.

    ReplyDelete